Thursday 11 November 2010

.:Present Perfect:.

Present Perfect - Use

1) Result of an action in the past is important in the present

I have cleaned my room.

2) Recently completed action

He has just played handball.

3) Action beginning in the past and still continuing

We have lived in Canada since 1986.

4) together with lately, recently, yet

I have been to London recently.

Signal words

just, yet, never, already, ever, so far, up to now, recently, since, for

Form

have/has + past participle

Examples

Affirmative sentences:

I have played football.
I've played football.
You have played football.
You've played football.

Negative sentences:

I have not played football.
I've not played football.
I haven't played football.
You have not played football.
You've not played football.
You haven't played football.

Questions:

Have I played football? Have you played football?            

No comments:

Post a Comment