Thursday 11 November 2010

.:He Never Stopped Moaning! (adjectives gap-fill):.

 Complete the gaps using an appropriate adjective from below:

bright, argumentative, expensive, interested, hard, busy, late, noisy, loud ,long, small, hot, slow, far ,dry


The Restaurant

KATRINA:

“Brad was ‘kind of’ my new boyfriend. I met him last week at a friend’s party. He took me out for a meal last night, but it didn’t go very well. First of all, when he picked me up at my house, he said that it had been too (1.) _______________ to find. Then, he didn’t want to park in the free car park in Cathedral Street because the queue was too (2.) _______________. We tried Market Street, but it was too (3.) _______________. In the end we parked in Jury Lane, which was cheaper, but Brad was still moaning because he said it was too (4.) ____________ from the restaurant.

“When we got to the restaurant I thought it was OK, but Brad said that it was too(5.) _______________ and that he didn’t feel comfortable around so many people, so we had to try somewhere else. We went to a little Italian place around the corner, but I thought it was too (6.) _______________. There were only eight tables! It took us ages to get served, and when we eventually did Brad told the waitress that she was too (7.) _______________. I think she went even slower after that – on purpose.

“When we got our food, Brad’s pizza was too (8.) _______________ so he burnt his mouth. My pasta was too (9.) _______________, but I didn’t want to complain because Brad was already doing enough of that for both of us! Then Brad told the waitress that the music was too (10.) _______________ and the lights were too (11.) _______________. Nothing was right for him. He even accused the very quiet and nice couple next to us of being too(12.) _______________.

“When we left the restaurant, Brad wanted to go to a club, but I said I thought it was too (13.) _______________, because I was tired and it was nearly quarter to midnight. He asked me if I wanted to go out with him again and I said I’d think about it, because I wasn’t too (14.) _______________ in seeing him again. I think he’s fantastic-looking and he’s got a nice car, but he’s a bit too (15.) _______________ for my taste. Give me someone more laid-back any day ... !”


The Waitress




No comments:

Post a Comment